Saturday, December 18, 2010

Moving' on down the list

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is done! It was a pretty quick read, considering how simplistic the language is. I remember reading the whole Narnia series when I was younger and just loving it. I still love it! However, it's one of those series like Harry Potter. Love the story, not so much the writing. Reading The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe now, it often just sounds condescending or overly preachy. I think some of the other books in the series are a little more sophisticated.

It's apt, considering that the movie version of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader just came out in theatres. I went and saw it with my roommates--it was pretty good! The Voyage of the Dawn Treader was always my favourite of the series, with The Magician's Nephew as a close second. I remember being pretty oblivious to the whole Christian allegory as a kid, right up until the end of Dawn Treader. I felt a little bit cheated by C.S. Lewis after that.

Well, on to the next adventure! The dice proclaim it to be........ #50, King Lear! I'm pretty excited about this one. I was hoping for something I hadn't read before. I typically enjoy Shakespeare and I've never read King Lear. Should be interesting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment