Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

I rolled #37, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe! I think this is a good sign. 37 just happens to be my favorite number. It also just so happens that I own this book and (thankfully) don't have to buy it. I haven't read it for years, but I remember it fondly. I'm certain that it won't take nearly as long as Catch-22.

I remember reading this whole series as a kid. I must have been pretty oblivious, because I missed all of the Christian imagery until about the time I finished The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I'm not a Christian, but I really enjoy C.S. Lewis. He's not obnoxious about it, you know? It's not as though he's trying to shove some religion down your throat, he's just telling a classic story of good and evil, and interesting re-telling of the Christian mythos.

In any case, I'm looking forward to this one. Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment